
I can't believe my baby is SIX MONTHS OLD today!
I have been quite teary about it, actually.
He seems pretty mellow about it, too. Contemplative. Sometimes when he's in a growth phase he sleeps a lot and just wants to be in my arms, like these last few days.
I always tell him: "You are my favorite person in the world!"
He went to his first poetry reading last week. My teacher, mentor, beloved Anne Waldman, came to read and teach as part of the Ransom Center's Beat Poet Exhibit.
We have yet to make it there to check out Kerouac's On the Road scroll and all the other cool stuff, but we will.
Anne was great. I loved her new work, particularly a longer piece she wrote in the spirit or as an homage to John Cage. She ended with the verses she wrote for Ed Sanders's "Amazing Grace" project. Spectacular.
We've always had a very familiar/familial connection.
I gave Bodhi some mashed up banana yesterday, which he liked a lot, but I'm not moving full steam ahead yet on solid foods.
He's also riding in the Ergo on my back, which he seems to like...and I LOVE because it feels so much better on my lumbar.
I can even blog with him in it, standing up.
It needs a little rearview mirror, though, so I can peek at him back there.
Last night we ate Annie's Mac and Cheese shells with salad for dinner. There was a weird ingredient in the cheese stuff that made our throats burn. We even called Poison Control! All is well now. Never again to eat Mac and Cheese out of a box. That's right. I said it.
Anyways.
Bodhi is getting more active and interactive every day. He loves stomping his feet, especially his right foot, and it reminds me of Mick Jagger prancing on stage. (By the time he grows up, "Mick Jagger" for him will be like "Cab Calloway" was to me!) He doesn't roll over, but he manages to scoot across the bed or turn 180 degrees on the floor when my back is turned. And he can stand for a few moments if he's leaning on something.
He vocalizes SO much I keep expecting him to just outright speak, to perhaps say in a tiny little voice, "You know I can't believe Clinton beat Obama in Pennsylvania. When's the next primary?"
No comments:
Post a Comment