Quick blog entry while babe is semi-distracted/intrigued by toys and music...
Yoga workshop with Mary over the weekend that was awesome. Some notes on that:
We must learn to go from being the REACTOR to being the (switch the "C" to go in front of the "R" and you get) CREATOR. When we are staying out of Reaction, we are co-creating our existence with the Divine, with Nature. We took another look at the Yoga Sutras and I swear it felt like the first time I really understood. A little.
We practiced with really letting the Breath lead the movement, not just saying we were letting the breath lead. We paid a lot of attention to where we hold the breath. You know, it's the kind of thing we always talk about doing in asana practice, but we never actually do it.
Let me rephrase that.
I never actually do it.
Anyway, it occurs to me that parenting is the MOST CREATIVE thing I have ever done in my life.
I thought, before I gave birth, that I was going to suddenly become very boring and that my life was going to be very mundane and highly rigid and ritualized...but just the opposite has happened!
Suddenly doing laundry has become a colorfest, folding clothes is accompanied by a song, changing diapers has a song that goes with the melody of "The Time Warp" from Rocky Horror, every trip out the door is an Adventure! and there's more music-making and lyric-writing going on in our house than ever before. I can only imagine how much fun we're going to have with crayons and construction paper someday.
This week marks my 44th Birthday and Bodhi's seven month Birthday!
No comments:
Post a Comment