Well, I didn't read with the Dick Monologues people.
I got rear-ended a few days before, and by the time that evening rolled around, I was a mess. An emotional, depressed, mess.
I think I'm sinking back into it some.
I gained 20 pounds almost overnight, in January, when my thyroid medication stopped working. It really messes with your mind to have body that is so much harder to move, and to have all your clothes that used to be your "fat" clothes feel tight.
I do yoga for at least an hour every other day now. I do eat some high-fat foods, like cheese, but only about once a day if I do. So I could try to eat less/smarter and exercise more, and I will, but so far it hasn't seemed to help at all. Even though now my thyroid meds are supposedly where they need to be.
But I also think I'm having perhaps some sleep disorder. I'm going to have it all checked out, but man. It sure explains the Big D.
I'm feeling very rage-y today and tonight. And exhausted. I've been reading 10-15 scripts a week for the past three weeks and it's very demanding. I have more to read tonight. I put my next screenplay on hold until I'm done, which is fine. I'm looking forward to getting back to it. We are planning a trip out to LA in early August, a family road trip, to celebrate my husband getting his work into a big badass Art Show. We plan to stop over in Marfa, El Paso, the Grand Canyon and Disneyland on the way there. I can't wait! I love Southern California and the desert between here and there. I have driven this route many times, even once by myself, and it is haunting and fortifying. My son is going to LOVE it. He is quite the road warrior.
But don't even think of coming to rob our house if you're an asshole who is reading this right now; I have houseguests and their dogs who will be staying here. And keeping our alarm set. Always.
Anyway!
In other news, my little brother (who is very very big, super tall) has moved back to Austin after a while in Houston, trying to get it together there but needing to be here. So he's back, and taking his life in new directions. I'm so excited and delighted to have him here. One of my greatest heartaches has been how little my family has tried to interact with us or be part of Bodhi's life. It really bums me out. Especially since my Dad was planning on moving here before he fucking died instead.
It feels good to get all of this out.
Thank you for reading this.
In yet more news, I fired the OT practice where my son was going. I mentioned that I had a few problems with them, and just this week I was sitting in the big gym observing the action, like I always do, when one boy with some obvious "issues" had a meltdown and my son got injured in the melee that followed. It was awful. And he turned out to be okay, but it was the very last straw for me. Among the red flag items, some of the neglectful or harmful acts from the OTs who worked with my son:
--first day of "camp" they fed him MEATBALLS, even though I had packed a VEGETARIAN LUNCH, as per suggestion for kids with "special diets."
--my son, who has never disliked anyone so overtly in his life, told me he didn't like one of the male techs there. could never really tell me why, so i requested he be kept apart from the dude. was forced to work with the dude anyway as assistant. ALSO, I happened to overhear the dude say to two very young boys who were running around in glee as he shepherded them to where they needed to go: "You two are acting like a couple of babies. You're big boys."
--teaching him to spell and write his name: "BOHDI." Hmm. the first day I observed this particular OT I saw here write this on the board. "It's B.O.D.H.I." I told her.
--prize-based homework.
And the aforementioned injury.
All of this shit really and truly happened, in my opinion, because the practice itself is overcrowded. Too many kids at once. The OTs would eat their lunches while working with children. I thought this was wildly inappropriate. I understand, more children=more money flowing in. But the kids are the ones who end up paying...with their emotional intelligence destroyed.
/rant
--for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment