I will try to post as often as possible so that those of you who are curious about my condition can check here rather than make the dreaded phone call or email: "Is everything okay?" But I warn you: this may be redundant, trite, and well, even a little boring to anyone but me.
I taught yoga today at noon and at six, with a nice visit with my fabulous therapist Gail in between. I managed to wolf down a veggie burrito between class and Gail, catch 30 minutes of Judge Judy, nap for 30 minutes, and purchase my obligatory Starbuck's (evil corporation, I know) tangerine juice blended before class.
I don't know if I would survive teaching my classes if it weren't for those juice blended things. And you know what? THEY'RE DISCONTINUING THEM. I really ought to write a letter. They are the only not-too-sweet Starsucks item I can stomach right now. They're the perfect blend (I said it) between smoothie and tea. And there's no dairy involved. Sigh. Hopefully they'll wait to discontinue them after I'm already feeling more better. (Soon, God, please, sooooon....)
I felt so happy today. The sun was out, I had a sweet practice in the morning, and the nausea was kept to a dull roar thanks to juice blendeds and Unisom and B6. Screw ginger. Sorry, but I ate so much ginger and drank so much ginger tea my first nine weeks of pregnancy I never want to see it again.
After class I was starting to poop out -- speaking of poop, my poops have generally been fantastic during this pregnancy! -- so I asked Andrew to make dinner while I lounged around and watched 3 seconds of Notes from the Underbelly and waited anxiously for Lost. I guess Notes is supposed to be funny, and it kind of is, but I can't relate to perky, upflip hairdo twenty-somethings getting all bent out of shape because they haven't had sex with their husbands in 24 days due to morning sickness. Perhaps it will warm my cold, cold heart. Many bad television shows seem to do that these days. If I'm home during the day, I even watch the frickin' Learnin' Channel's Baby Block. Once again, however, I am not seeing myself represented in the media. Where are the old broads? Where are the old broads who having their FIRST baby who are also health nut, non-chick-lit-lovin' yet progressive, non-knitting (sorry, nothing against it, I just don't) feminist, sassy, hardcore yogi poet types? Bring them on!
And then we watched Lost, which I still love. My husband does a pretty funny imitation of Juliet, whose lips are permanently pursed.
Now I'm doing this, and then I'm going to try to read myself to sleep with something by Steven Saylor, about ancient Rome.
And now you know all of my guilty pleasures....except wait! I hope Blake wins American Idol.
Soon I will post a list of preggers mom blogs I like to read.
No comments:
Post a Comment