I taught my last yoga class of the year today.
It was fun; I decided to offer a real kickbutt class with arm balances and backbends. It was a "Full On Celebration."
The class mostly consisted of regular students, with a couple of brand newbies. The newbies really hung in there.
I intended to kick it off with a rockin' remix of "I Just Want to Celebrate," but the CD I put in for them was the wrong one, so we ended up doing lots of sun salutations to the Beastie Boys "Hey Ladies."
Ahh, it was kind of fun.
I had them do galavasana and parsva bakasana, urdhva dhanurasana and setu bandasana. Among other things.
It was a sweaty good time. My mentee shaved his head! He went from long blond hair to nada. That was quite a surprise.
I love my students.
And now, a nap.
No comments:
Post a Comment