So I've been MIA for a few days...
I attended the Writer's League Agents and Editors Conference over the weekend. My goal was to pitch my book, "Breaking the Cherry: How to Write and Perform Your Own Erotic Stories" to an editor at Seal Press, and then to as many agents as I could get interested.
I of course stayed up all night Friday night finishing my Book Proposal, which I have been working on, and have had hanging over me, for two years now. The last time I went to this conference it opened my eyes completely about how to go about querying and pitching and getting your book across to an agent or other person who could help you get it published.
I rewrote the proposal over the last couple of weeks. And then I rewrote the introduction to the book Thursday late and Friday all afternoon and evening. I think it came out okay.
I did meet with my editor, who was very cool and nice and was really enthused about the book. The problem with Seal Press is that they just got acquired by a larger company and it has gutted their staff and their ability to publish as many titles.
So anyway.
We'll see what she says in a couple of weeks. I was crazily nervous, which she understood, but I think I did okay. It was pretty clear that we spoke the same language.
I did accost a couple of agents who were nice but not interested, and then I connected with another pregnant woman agent and she asked me to send her the proposal! Woo hoo! This is the ideal situation for the book; either a great editor at a press that "gets" it, or place it with an agent who is willing to help me sell it.
Not a very spiritual blog entry, but it was spiritual in its own way.
Now I have a PROPOSAL that I can send out to people. It is far from perfect, but I think it's good enough to go. I need it to go. I need to let it loose in the world.
And then, hopefully, I'll be writing a book next year while infant becomes baby.
Sunday, June 17, 2007
Blog Archive
-
▼
2007
(153)
-
▼
June
(21)
- My Sugar Is So Refined
- The Five Elements
- Today's Dr. Visit: 24 Weeks!
- Suggestion
- The Practice, She is Returning
- My Great Grandmother
- I Tend To Favor the Non-Dualistic Approach
- Knocked Up
- Help me with this hammer and chisel
- Summer Solstice Today
- Summer Solstice Tomorrow
- What if you started a blog and nobody came to visit?
- P.S. New and Exciting Symptom
- A Somewhat Decent Proposal
- Correction
- In the Family
- Talk About Mud Flaps...
- Prenatal Yoga Training
- In Balance
- I Can Feel You
- The Latest Ultrasound Pics!
-
▼
June
(21)
Obligatory Ultrasound Photo: Shoulderstand at 16 weeks!
No comments:
Post a Comment