Thursday, June 21, 2007

Summer Solstice Today

Longest day of the year.

Yippee! Sure feels like it. I'm very hormonal today.

Last night as I was bathing in a dangerously warm bath, I wondered if any pregnant moms out there had themselves waxed before giving birth. I think it would be only slightly more painful than giving birth itself, but I'm really contemplating it. Just waxing ALL hoariness off.

It is starting to get harder to clip the toes.

And today, when I rolled over onto my back in bed, baby Hercules gave a resounding kick to my belly button that felt like it should have put the covers on the floor.

5 comments:

Emily said...

Love your blog, happy summer solstice to you!

Melanie said...

I considered getting waxed, especially because the bush just gets OUT OF CONTROL during pregnancy. My obgyn, charmer that she is, just rolled her eyes at me when I mentioned it. I settled for trimming because waxing is fucking painful, and ended up getting a free shave anyway, which was my gift with C-section.

Seems like being waxed for a vaginal birth, though, might make for easier cleanup.

Anonymous said...

Your bush will be the last thing on your mind when you're in labor. All this self-obsession? No room for it when you cross over into parenthood. You will LIVE the Tao. (If you're lucky.)

Liz B. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Liz B. said...

Awww, man! Sorry, but self-obsession is all I got now. Livin' the Tao, Schmivin' the Schmao!

Like it's possible to do anything BUT live the Tao.

Pregnant women are, by nature, narcissistic, and for very good reason. IF NOT NOW, THEN WHEN? If I could think about ANYTHING else, I frickin' would!

My buddhi consciousness would never keep a blog; this is all ahamkara, baby...

Blog Archive


Obligatory Ultrasound Photo: Shoulderstand at 16 weeks!