Holy embryo.
It's WEEK THIRTY SEVEN. Worth spelling out.
Why?
Because this is the week my baby boy is considered "Full Term."
In full bloom.
Little lotus is opening!
He could wait 3 more weeks to be born, and that would be fine with me.
Or he could succumb, like so many do, to the pull of the full moon right now and be drawn right out of the womb and into the world!
But in any case, the Pregnancy Journey (Trip is more like it) is about to end. I have to admit, I'm kind of sad.
In spite of everything -- the swelling, the bleeding, the pains and aches, the cutting back on the yoga, the missing out on things -- I have LOVED being pregnant. There is nothing in my life experience that even compares. It's all such a great Unknown, such a Mystery. All the capitalized Big Concepts, rolled into one. Faith. Surrender. Love. Life.
I'm taking friends' and other moms' advice and trying to SLEEP now, in spite of my OCD Nesting Instinct.
So keep your eyes and ears peeled for that Great Announcement.
Tuesday, September 25, 2007
Blog Archive
-
▼
2007
(153)
-
▼
September
(18)
- Not Yet, Pas Encore
- Aujourd'hui
- Shine On, Harvest Moon
- Testy, You Say?
- Number 37, Have a Look
- The OC (D)
- Fetal Position
- Take the Yoga Snob Quiz!
- Basics, in General
- Gimme Shelter
- IKEA Saved My Life!!! Hail, IKEA!
- Hurricane Watch
- Over It. Seriously.
- SOS Whatever
- 35 Weeks Update
- Portrait of a (Pregnant) Lady
- Freak Out!
- On Being Blessed
-
▼
September
(18)
Obligatory Ultrasound Photo: Shoulderstand at 16 weeks!
2 comments:
I loved being pregnant, too. I love having my little Sweet Pea in my arms everyday, but I miss the feeling of her growing inside me. I can remember what it felt like every time she moved.
But being Mom is an awesome trip, too! It's like your own private social experiment. You get to watch this little human being experience life without any social filters...without any expectations. It is Awesome, in the most literal sense of the word.
Great to hear all of this.
I know that it's profound to have the baby and to watch the child grow, and I'm really looking forward to it.
But I also have to say that a LOT in my life and in the universe shifted from the moment we decided to try to get pregnant. And the process of going through fertility treatments and coming to terms with THAT whole thing really changed my spiritual, emotional, intellectual and physical being more than anything I'd ever done before.
So yes, I do know that "the wild ride is just beginning," according to some, but for ME it began a while ago, and this next phase is a part of the trip I'm really excited about!
It has been *my* path to experience this, and to come to understand that ultimately it's all just kind of a miracle.
- Show quoted text -
Post a Comment