Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Testy, You Say?

Okay, for some reason right now ANYONE offering up even the SWEETEST advice is likely to send me into a rage and cause them to draw back a bloody stump if they foolishly choose to interact with me.

I don't know what it is.

But it's vicious.

My poor mom on the phone tonight...

Sorry, mom.

But don't ever suggest I should be WALKING every day again.

It is kind of fascinating how much information is out there for a pregnant lady...and how it's hard out here for a pimp.

I'm trying to remember my hero Gandhi's teachings, the yoga sutras, the noble truths of Buddhism, the words of Christ, the wisdom of the Bhagavad Gita and all the ages.

"Be kind."

Essentially.

BUT...

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Ha! I was TOTALLY going to suggest walking! Glad I didn't. FWIW, Matt and I went on walks (well, for me, it was more like waddles) every night up to and including the night I went into labor. I don't know if it helped or not, besides keeping me sane a week past my due date.

I really want to get this silly little gift to you before Hercules comes. Next week sometime?

Liz B. said...

See, I hate walking. Plus it's so hot outside and when I do walk, my sacrum and my pubic bone hurts like a motherfucker. I mean really bad. I must be producing enough relaxin to relax the whole town.

I've been going to prenatal classes almost every day, however.

And one of these days before Herc is born I will surely put on my swimsuit and go for a midnight swim at the gym where nobody ever goes.

Also my doctor has told me they are not going to want to let me go past my due date...I have a feeling the boy will actually come sooner than later, but I don't relish the idea of having to argue with my doctor to avoid induction...but of course I will. It's protocol for advanced maternal age.

And just remember that: I AM ADVANCED!

Blog Archive


Obligatory Ultrasound Photo: Shoulderstand at 16 weeks!