Saturday, October 6, 2007

Spice-y Not So Nice-y

Ohhhhh, Lord help me.

It's 4 am and my stomach is killing me!

Whoever said to eat spicy food to bring on labor should be SHOT.

Or I should be shot, to put me out of this misery. Gahd!

What an idiot I am for believing everything I read.



That frickin' papaya salad is having its wicked way with me. And I'm soooo tired already!

(So much for my planned field trip to Java Noodles. No frickin' WAY am I going there now!)

I drank every last drop of my Mylanta, too. What next? Charcoal tablets? Fire extinguisher?

Ugh.

If this does induce labor and my child is born tonight, he's going to come out kicking like a Muay Thai fighter and not the little Buddhist monk of my dreams.

I even ate a little sandwich not too long ago just to soak up the lime-chili spice sauce. I believe they drained it off the tip of the Devil's penis.

Red rover, red rover, let Lizzie come over.

Back. Into the Light.

Help me, Mommy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

At the very end of my pregnancy my heart burn became absolutely unbearable. It would wake me up at night it was so painful. I finally gave up on the natural remedies and used some Pepcid AC (midwife said it was OK). I felt a little guilty since I'd been committed to a drug free pregnancy, but that Pepcid AC really, really helped.

Liz B. said...

Okay then. I will ask my doc about it. "Liquid Mylanta" is what they told me, as well as Tums. I, alas, have not had a completely drug-free pregnancy. But pretty close!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh. That "drained it off the tip of the devil's penis" made me laugh out loud. I am not kidding. I became a connesuer(i don't think that is spelled correctly) of antacids. I have already checked the shelves this time aruond and they don't have my favorite flavor any more. I was Mylanta Lemon Cream. It was a nice midnight, 2am and 4 am snack. I feel for you. Hugs and Kisses. I am thinking about you all the time now. Muchos besos!

Blog Archive


Obligatory Ultrasound Photo: Shoulderstand at 16 weeks!