Thursday, October 4, 2007

Thursday Update

Went for my weekly u/s and exam today...

No baby yet!

Looks good. Plenty of amniotic fluid, practicing his breathing, moving around less but still active, baby passed his Non Stress Test, mom fell asleep while listening to his heart beat in a darkened room, cervix still effaced some but no dilation.

Here is how my day went:

  • hangover from extreme grouchiness last night into morning
  • slept until 10 am
  • u/s appt at 1130 am
  • home for nap until 130 pm
  • 215 appt with obgyn
  • 330 appt with acupuncturist to hit all the points to INDUCE LABOR
  • 430 homeward bound
  • stop off at Half Price books to peruse for historical mysteries, none found
  • slept until 930
  • frozen yogurt run with husband and chihuahua
  • zombielike stumble around house, check email, update blog
  • can't wait to get back in bed
It's hot in here.

Would somebody please do these dishes?

My obgyn is out of town next week, of course. She is anxious about me going over 40 weeks with this baby. We negotiated. I can have a few extra days after his due date before she'll want to induce. I happen to know she doesn't read this blog, so just between you and me, I am really not interested in having a medical induction. I trust my body and my baby to do the right thing.

And I'm going to keep getting acupuncture, and tomorrow I'll go see my massage therapist pal Melissa who has a great track record with expecting mommies and encouraging labor. And yes, I know about evening primrose oil and orgasms. Mmm hmm.

Though frankly, given my ultra bitchiness these past few days, I don't blame Hercules for not wanting to come out just yet.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Murphy's law of birthin' babies: if your obgyn is going out of town, you are practically guaranteed to go into labor while she's gone. It's a fact.

I was very nearly psychotic during the last week of my pregnancy. Here's a blog entry from two days before I went into labor: http://www.luckyhazel.com/delicateflower/archives/2005/07/sanctuary.shtml

The one from the day before is pretty telling, too.

You don't HAVE to have a medical induction. You are the boss of your body, not your doc. I know you're considered high risks, and the stakes are different than other pregnancies, but it's not like you're the first woman over 40 to birth a baby. I fully support your trust in your own body.

hang in there!

Liz B. said...

Huh-larious!

I don't quite have that feeling of "Geezooz Fook, when is he coming OUT?" but the emotions are still running high.

I'm definitely not into getting the medical induction. And fortunately my doc is not a fascist.

Thanks for your support!!

Blog Archive


Obligatory Ultrasound Photo: Shoulderstand at 16 weeks!