I went back to see my obgyn today.
I skipped out on her yesterday; she was running late, having just delivered a baby, and I was too tired to wait 10 minutes to see her.
But something kept bugging me.
There's been a pain right in the middle of my lower abdomen; it feels like a fist in my bowels. A heaviness. I wore a maternity belt all night last night and all day today, and it did seem to help. But I have been worrying about pre-term labor. (Recall my post about that goddamn doula who told me not to move into a new house because it might bring on pre-term labor? Grrrrrr!)
Long story short, my doctor examined me and my cervix is thin; about 50 % thinner than average. She said it could be normal, I could be fine, but we'll check on it again next week. And if it gets thinner, I'll be put on semi-bedrest.
I have been overdoing it lately, so I'm going to try really resting. Deep soul resting. No more helping out others, time to cocoon and go inside again. That is my intuition.
Oh, and the good news? I passed my glucose tolerance test! With flying colors. Perfect. And my blood work showed that I am nowhere near anemic, that I am incredibly healthy.
So vegetarian pregnant moms, take heart.
Friday, July 27, 2007
Blog Archive
-
▼
2007
(153)
-
▼
July
(23)
- Eating Bon Bons All Day Long
- All's Quiet on the Western Front
- Executive Decision
- Good News/Bad News
- In Tolerance
- The (Pregnant) Body of Words
- No one, not even the rain, has such small hands, r...
- I'm So Tired
- The Dick Monologues: When Good Women Go on Bad Dates
- Do I Look Fat in This?
- Third Tri's a Charm
- Our House
- Insomniacathon
- Look Ma, No Hands!
- Thursday Into Saturday
- Transition and Integration
- So I did a google search on my name and was shocke...
- I Know You're Out There
- Weekend Update
- Mini Update
- Stop Being Tho Thenthitive
- Tuesday Morning Coming Down
- Monday Dreamin'
-
▼
July
(23)
Obligatory Ultrasound Photo: Shoulderstand at 16 weeks!
No comments:
Post a Comment