Thursday, July 19, 2007

Third Tri's a Charm

Okay, why am I awake at 6 am?

The pain in my pubic bone has decreased dramatically...my stress levels have increased. The baby is quite active at this point. The only pain I can really complain about is the charleyhorse I had the other morning that has left my leg sore. I think it's all the running around I've been doing and the yoga I have not been doing.

Plus I'm just so excited about getting the house shit together. I hope it all works out.

We start our birthing classes next week. We're going to do both Conscious Birthing and Hypnobirthing! I like what I've read about both of them.

At the reading last night I met a lactation consultant who works at the hospital where we plan to give birth.

Just a few weeks ago I was in a prenatal yoga teacher training and there was a labor and delivery nurse taking the class with me who also works at the same hospital.

I don't know if this is the Universe's way of helping me by introducing me to these women or what.

I do know that I liked both of them, a lot. The lactation consultant is particularly hilarious and gave me her card. We can also take classes from her, if we wanna.

I don't know if this is a hormonal thing or not, but I've become way less interested in being pregnant and way more interested in how the hell we are going to care for a newborn.

The list of choices for diapers, for example, is overwhelming.

Cribs.

Bottles and breastfeeding accessories.

Another cool thing about the reading last night: my gynecologist was there! (I hadn't invited her, so she just heard about it through the grapevine...the event was sold out, capacity crowd.)

Now THAT is supportive.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Are you doing Conscious Birthing with Lanell or Marcela? If you're doing it with Lanell, you'll be about 6 blocks away from my house, which means we'll have to coordinate a visit!

Liz B. said...

Girl, We'll be at Lanell's every Tuesday night for several weeks, starting next week! I'd love to come by and see you and Mr. Harry.

Blog Archive


Obligatory Ultrasound Photo: Shoulderstand at 16 weeks!